Monday, March 17, 2008

Update

Well it's been awhile since I posted on my blog. I finished that college class and decided that being a college student again is something that I'm just not interested in doing right now. I fell the beginning of December and fractured my thoracic 1 and 2 vertebrae. I had to wear a lovely cervical thoracic brace for a good 6 weeks, then a cervical brace for a week, then a soft collar for 2 weeks and then finally weaned from that over the next week. While the bones are healed, my muscles are stiff from having been braced for so long. So now I go to phyical therapy to help with that. I am back at work though with some limitations as to how much I can lift/push/pull for awhile. It's good to be back amongst the living though. It was hard being stuck at home for so long. You might have thought I would do a lot of knitting or crocheting, but it was difficult to do so. I would get too tired holding the work up to eye level as I couldn't see very well down into my lap. So instead, I read quite a few paperback books as I could hold them in alternating hands and didn't need to hold them up so high thanks to aging eyes LOL. I did just recently start knitting a sock. It's toe up, my first time doing so. I'm stuck at the heel though as I really dislike short row heels. I found out about some other heel options and now have to decide which I would like to do. I have this week off from work, so I hope to get some knitting time in. Well, that's the short version update. TTFN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home