Monday, November 26, 2007

Completed projects





These socks were first completed back in August with a tabi toe so that I could wear them with sandels. I hated them! The toes were not comfortable for me and I've decided I really don't like the feel of the short row heel on homemade socks. I think I much more prefer the heel flap design. So I frogged the toes and redid them with a traditional toe round decrease and gave them to my youngest daughter whose feet are modeling them. She's happy with them and the colorway suits her. I think that is why I chose to use this skein of yarn anyways when I made them. I didn't think I was going to like them and yet it wouldn't have been a waste of time as I knew she'd wear them!

The dragonfly doily is a Hass design I made for my good friend's birthday, though a belated gift it was. She loved it!

Now I need to decide what I would like to make next. I have a couple of ideas. One is to see what the pattern will be in one of the yahoo sock groups that I belong to that will be coming out the start of December. The other project I can't really say because if I go out and buy the yarn for it, it will be a Christmas gift for someone in the family. So, I should know after this weekend what it'll be that I will start working on.

In other news, my college class is almost over. Yeah!!!! I have class this Thursday evening and my final is the following. I've decided not to continue on with more classes as I really don't want to be a student for the next 5+ years to get a BSN which while it might open a few more opportunities in the future, those opportunities will probably want me to go on for my masters! As it is, I found it hard to find time to devote to school when I had so many other things I wanted to or should have been doing. I also found I don't want to take more nursing courses, I'm all ready a nurse! So I'll finish up this course and hopefully get busy with the other projects I've wanted to work on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home