Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm out of the competition....now a cheerleader

Well, I didn't make it past the first round. The pattern was released on a Saturday morning and unfortunately I had a busy weekend and wasn't able to get started knitting. By the time I got a chance to start, my group had filled it's 16 spots of the first to finish. While I like the pattern for this sock, I've not like the way it has knitted up for me. It has a striping pattern to it and my round to round join looks awful in my opinion. I also wanted to carry the unused yarn up the few rows so I wouldn't have lots of ends to weave in and I'm not happy with how that looks either. This sock also has a short row heel and while I think it may have come out okay, I think what is going to happen is a major frogging expedition and I'll save the yarn for some other socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home